Effective Date: 05.09.2013
The privacy of Beep Extra Ltd's customers and affiliates is important to us. Therefore:
Beep Extra Ltd does not sell or rent personally identifiable information.
Beep Extra Ltd does not spam, and its policies forbid use of the Service for spam.
- Beep Extra Ltd policy requires that all company employees sign a confidentiality agreement.
The confidentiality agreement includes the following affirmation:
I recognize that the Company has received and in the future will receive from third parties their confidential or proprietary information subject to a duty on the Company's part to maintain the confidentiality of such information and to use it only for certain limited purposes. I agree to hold all such confidential or proprietary information in the strictest confidence and not to disclose it to any person, firm or corporation or to use it except as necessary in carrying out my work for the Company consistent with the Company's agreement with such third party.
Data Beep Extra Ltd Collects
A. Beep Extra Ltd collects and uses data from our customers, and from visitors to our websites (including blogs), as follows:
- Visitor Number Tracking: Beep Extra Ltd tracks the number of visitors to Beep Extra Ltd's website, as well as the pages they visit within the sites and the hyper-links they use (if any) to leave. This doesn't involve collection of any personally identifiable information. We use this information to analyze interest in and usage of the website and the Service.
- Data Provided Through Inquiry Forms: Website visitors interested in the Service can fill out a sales inquiry form at the site. Those forms request company name, individual name, title, address, telephone number(s), and email address(es). Beep Extra Ltd uses this information to contact the potential customer. We also use the information to generate statistics regarding interest in the Service. We might share these statistics with third parties, but they don't include any personally identifiable information.
- Customer Account Information: When customers sign up for the Service, and during their Service relationship, we collect some or all of the following: company name, individual name, title, address, telephone number(s), email address(es), credit card number. We also record and retain most written communications with customers, including trouble tickets, support requests, and payment history. Beep Extra Ltd uses this information for customer support. We also use contact information to send customers Service-related announcements, including newsletters and notices of new Service features and related products and services provided by Beep Extra Ltd partners. Customers can opt out of new product/service notices by sending an email to email@example.com, or by following the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of any one of the email notices. (However, current customers may not opt out of necessary Service or account maintenance notices.) Finally, we generate statistical information regarding our customer-base and use it to analyze our business. We might share this statistical information with third parties, but it doesn't include any personally identifiable information.
- Blog Replies: A customer, user, or visitor may respond to the various blogs provided through our website. If the author so chooses, the response may include personally identifiable information, and that information will be posted online along with the rest of the blog reply. In general, however, we do not recommend that blog replies include personally identifiable information.
- Contestant Information: Beep Extra Ltd occasionally runs contests for promotional purposes. We may collect certain information from contestants, including personally identifiable information. We may list that information in online or other public notices of contest winners. We may also use contest entries (videos, blogs, etc.) for public marketing purposes, and we may include contestant names and other personally identifiable information with those entries. For more on how we use information provided by contestants, please see the rules for the contest in question.
B. Beep Extra Ltd also sometimes: (1) tracks the IP addresses of computers communicating (via e-mail or any other mechanism) with our customers' systems; and (2) inspects data packets ("deep packet inspection" or "DPI") solely for the purpose of trending and archiving specific threat types. Data described in the preceding sentence may include personally identifiable information. Beep Extra Ltd uses this data solely to maintain the security of the Service.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
A. Beep Extra Ltd doesn't share personally identifiable information under any circumstances, except as provided in paragraph B below and except: (1) to the extent that blog replies or contest sign-ups include personally identifiable information (per the contest's rules, in the latter case); (2) as requested by law enforcement agencies or required by law; (3) to maintain the security of the Service and of Beep Extra Ltd's own network and data, including by assisting third party claimants in investigating security breaches; (4) to collect money owed to Beep Extra Ltd, including through legal proceedings; and (5) to identify, contact, or take legal action against customers or third parties violating Beep Extra Ltd's Acceptable Use Policy, interfering with property rights or with the Service, or breaking the law.
- B. Beep Extra Ltd sometimes employs independent contractors to help run the Service, and such contractors may have access to data, similar to the access we give our employees. Also, Beep Extra Ltd stores sales account data, including customer passwords and personally identifiable information, with a third party application service provider.
A. Beep Extra Ltd takes precautions to ensure that access to databases containing customer information is available only from within Beep Extra Ltd's internal network or through our sales application service provider. Further, we typically encrypt financial information during transmission, or use secure protocols. No protocol, encryption, or other precaution can provide complete security for electronic data, so we don't provide a guarantee of security.
- B. Beep Extra Ltd policy requires that all its employees execute a confidentiality agreement which includes the affirmation quoted above. Most contractors also sign a confidentiality agreement, with obligations similar to the employees'. (Customers and other third parties are not beneficiaries of the employee confidentiality agreement, or of Beep Extra Ltd's agreements with independent contractors or with the PEO, and so have no rights to enforce those contracts.)
Changing Account Information
Customers can change their account information. Most customers can do so via Beep Extra Ltd's online customer portal. All other customers can access and change account information via the My Profile Page under the Beep Extra Ltd site.
Reporting Misuse of Data
Customers and other third parties should contact Beep Extra Ltd about any suspected misuse of their personally identifiable information or other data. All such inquiries or complaints should be directed to us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.